When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I enjoy customizing old Schwinn lightweights and other brands to my liking for todays standards and use.

-
I think you're right, I'm Continental and another model that made the switch from 26" to 27"
The derailleur equipped Continental, beginning in 1960 always had 27" wheels.
The derailleur equipped Varsity, also beginning in 1960 started out with 26" wheels, but was switched to 27" beginning with the 1963 model.

Interesting, but there is one thing that will attract us bike parts thieves. If I walked past your bike and had my Swiss Army wrench set I'd be heisting that Brooks saddle in a heart beat, but it looks like you have it chained to the bike. Hope that chain doesn't have a quick link. :p
So are you saying you are a bike thieve? HA, have to harass you. I've been living and biking in a city a long time, about 14yrs, tons of theft here I know and I do my best to prevent one to steel my bike, it could happen, I'm aware of it and one paranoid dude locking my bike up around town.

In reference to the colors of Schwinn, my 1972 Continental was Kool Lemon, my first adult bike. I have a 71,I think, Super Sport in the Rootbeer. I have always been attracted to yellow bikes because of that first Schwinn. They are all pretty special in their own ways.

Nice fun and functional ride. 27 inch alloy wheels roll soo nice. Totally underrated tire size. My prediction is modern road bikes wheel size will increase in the years to come.

Last edited:
So are you saying you are a bike thieve? HA, have to harass you. I've been living and biking in a city a long time, about 14yrs, tons of theft here I know and I do my best to prevent one to steel my bike, it could happen, I'm aware of it and one paranoid dude locking my bike up around town.
It's only paranoia when it's not a real danger. The area around my granddad's old farm has grown up the last 20 years, and I've learned the hard way that crackheads will steal anything that's metal to sell for scrap. And the court system doesn't want to be bothered. There's more money in speeding tickets.

Back