When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I enjoy customizing old Schwinn lightweights and other brands to my liking for todays standards and use.

-
So did the Collegiates. I have a root beer 73 with 27's.
The '73 catalog shows the Collegiate as coming with 26" wheels.
Someone may have modified yours as I did with my '65 model.

Love the old brazed Schwinns. I did the ame crankset treatment to my ladies 19" kool lemon super sport recently, in addition to modern chain and cassette. It is a fantastic riding bike now.

cool bike.

I have found if you do not leave your bike unattended no one can steal your seat.
Its true on both counts.
Its a cool bike AND dont leave your bike anywhere you can't see it.
At least these are older bikes and a person needs to have tools to take it apart rather than skewers.
Here in Tucson you can only ride your bike, not leave it anywhere. That is, if you want it to ride home.
We have a 100 mile bike path completely around the city but dont get off to eat and leave your bike un-attended. I had a pristine 67' Deluxe Racer stolen last summer and a friend of mine has had three bikes stolen. Locks dont help unless you carry around a 20lb chain and lock, and how uncomfortable is that?
All the homeless people around here are spinning Trek, Klein and Cannondale.
Despicable.
But I do like the OP's bike, that's the kind of stuff I do also, personalize everyday bikes. Make them into what you want and or need. Older bikes that aren't too flashy aren't big targets for theft either.

Back