When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Finally Brought The Rusty Elgin Back To Life.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

incajoe

Look Ma, No Hands!
I bought this Elgin last year at a tag sale for $40 and it's been sitting outside on my porch all winter. After bringing it to Copake yesterday where it found no love, I decided to do the most econo refurbish ever to bring it back to being a rider. I picked up the handlebars for $5, and the seat for $1. The tires and tubes were a donation from my buddy. I found a chain guard for $5 which I still have to mount. Today I spent a couple hours oiling, cleaning and coaxing it back to life and the result I am finding, is total worthwhile. My guess is this bike hadn't been ridden in at least 40 years since the tires were literally rotting away. The pedals disintegrated within 1 minute of riding so I stole a pair off an old Rollfast that was sitting behind my shed. So for the whopping sum of $56 I now have something that I will thoroughly enjoy riding on the bike paths.
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_5298.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5301.jpg

Very Nice!!!!

I bought this Elgin last year at a tag sale for $40 and it's been sitting outside on my porch all winter. After bringing it to Copake yesterday where it found no love, I decided to do the most econo refurbish ever to bring it back to being a rider. I picked up the handlebars for $5, and the seat for $1. The tires and tubes were a donation from my buddy. I found a chain guard for $5 which I still have to mount. Today I spent a couple hours oiling, cleaning and coaxing it back to life and the result I am finding, is total worthwhile. My guess is this bike hadn't been ridden in at least 40 years since the tires were literally rotting away. The pedals disintegrated within 1 minute of riding so I stole a pair off an old Rollfast that was sitting behind my shed. So for the whopping sum of $56 I now have something that I will thoroughly enjoy riding on the bike paths.View attachment 305964View attachment 305965View attachment 305966View attachment 305967View attachment 305968

I bought this Elgin last year at a tag sale for $40 and it's been sitting outside on my porch all winter. After bringing it to Copake yesterday where it found no love, I decided to do the most econo refurbish ever to bring it back to being a rider. I picked up the handlebars for $5, and the seat for $1. The tires and tubes were a donation from my buddy. I found a chain guard for $5 which I still have to mount. Today I spent a couple hours oiling, cleaning and coaxing it back to life and the result I am finding, is total worthwhile. My guess is this bike hadn't been ridden in at least 40 years since the tires were literally rotting away. The pedals disintegrated within 1 minute of riding so I stole a pair off an old Rollfast that was sitting behind my shed. So for the whopping sum of $56 I now have something that I will thoroughly enjoy riding on the bike paths.View attachment 305964View attachment 305965View attachment 305966View attachment 305967View attachment 305968
That's my kind of bike....and budget! Nice job!

Back