When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Found #'s For Davis Dayton

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Randy H.

Look Ma, No Hands!
I found the #'s for the Davis Dayton can anyone decipher it
Thanks in advance for any help

20210430_140210.jpg

20210424_150532.jpg

20210424_150539.jpg

20210424_150548.jpg

20210424_150609.jpg

20210424_150729.jpg

20210424_150735.jpg

The guys that can answer your question have devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort into this thread.
I encourage you to read it cover to cover, and then, feel free to post any questions or misunderstandings for further debate.
It’s fun and interesting, and you may learn more about your bike, than just what those serial numbers mean.

Continuing from a previous thread,
with more pictures.

The five-digit 75,000-series serial sequence number is much lower (earlier?) than my presumed 1913 Davis-built diamond-frame with a six-digit serial number in the lower 190,000-series.

Last edited:
View attachment 1402368
The guys that can answer your question have devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort into this thread.
I encourage you to read it cover to cover, and then, feel free to post any questions or misunderstandings for further debate.
It’s fun and interesting, and you may learn more about your bike, than just what those serial numbers mean.
Ty for that info .... Someone said there was a section but im new to this & couldn't find it

Glad to be of some help, anywhere I can.
Your bike is an interesting one, and should be added to that informational thread.
One of the problems we have here on the Cabe, is that there are snippets of good info all over the place.
So although those all encompassing threads tend to bounce around within themselves, at least they do become the basic repository for all things dealing with that brand, type, model of bicycle.
Good stuff comes and goes, so it’s great to have a place to put it, even if the visit to the site is brief.
Many people down the road will benefit from those that came before.
What stands out to me most about your bike, is the lack of a seat post binder bolt.
Your bike used an internal seat post wedge to fasten the saddle height adjustment.
I don’t know, if that is unusual for a Davis made frame, but it does seem to be a key feature in dating the model/year of your bike.
It appears to be a 1917 model based on the two digits above the serial number, but I’m sure that leaves a lot to interpretation,
So, have fun looking through the Davis made thread.
I’m sure you will end up having more questions than answers when your done.
Don’t worry, that isn’t unusual.
We all do.
That’s why we’re still here.
There is much to learn about these old American bicycle manufacturers.
Enjoy!

Go to thread “Antique Bicycles Pre - 1933” then click on the Davis bike thread. In that thread there is 81 pages of valuable information. On pages 46 & 50 a person states “badge screws indicate 1913 and earlier.” You showed your head badge earlier...... on page 55 of the Davis thread there is a picture of a track racer head badge. Take a look at that and read the info, and compare it to yours.

Go to thread “Antique Bicycles Pre - 1933” then click on the Davis bike thread. In that thread there is 81 pages of valuable information. On pages 46 & 50 a person states “badge screws indicate 1913 and earlier.” You showed your head badge earlier...... on page 55 of the Davis thread there is a picture of a track racer head badge. Take a look at that and read the info, and compare it to yours.
Ty I'll check it out

Back