I found this vintage bicycle during a clean out. Does anyone know the model name and year of this Elgin? It’s very solid and seems complete.

This ad disappears when logged in

Mercian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 1, 2016
France
Hi,

BB stands for Bottom Bracket, which is the tube on the frame that the pedal crank goes through.

If you turn the bike upside down, as a westfield you will probably find two lines of letters and numbers stamped on it. If you give us those we can say which month and year it was made.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Mercian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 1, 2016
France
Hi

The 'E' in front of the number says the bike was built up in 1940.

There may be another stamp above it in characters of the same size, an "F' or a 'G' with one or two numbers following it. If you were interested, it would tell you the month the bike frame was made. 'F' =1939, 'G' = 1940, and the numbers, the month 1= Jan, 12 = Dec. Based on 25094, I guess G2 or G3?

Best Regards;

Adrian

bscottip

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Feb 8, 2019
Rhode Island
Hi

The 'E' in front of the number says the bike was built up in 1940.

There may be another stamp above it in characters of the same size, an "F' or a 'G' with one or two numbers following it. If you were interested, it would tell you the month the bike frame was made. 'F' =1939, 'G' = 1940, and the numbers, the month 1= Jan, 12 = Dec. Based on 25094, I guess G2 or G3?

Best Regards;

Adrian
Thank You for the knowledge
Regards
Scott

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture