When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a new ballooner, and I have questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Danny the schwinn freak

cruisin on my ratty Schwinn straightbar
IMG_3088.JPG
IMG_3089.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
Hi guys, I got a new bike over the weekend and I just want to pick the brains of the experts here. Please don't pick it apart and make me sad, because I really love it and paid probably too much for it. However, will you guys look it over and help me identify what year it is and for sure what model? A friend tells me it's a B6. The numbers are under the cranks on the bottom of the frame and are B48551. Also, can you tell me what I need to do to make it more correct if anything (that's the part that scares me)? I'm a stingray guy and these bikes here are all new to me. Thank you in advance for your help. Please let me know if you have any questions or need to see anything more. Danny

Looks pretty good to me, Could use a 6 hole rack in original burgundy paint which is not too hard to find. I'd lose the front fender tip ornament and add a drum brake hub to the front but that's just me.

Great bike. I'd say you found a nice original. All I'd say is paint the front light so matches better and I second loosing the fender tip.

Awesome guys, thank you. I had planned on painting the fenderlight and ditching that awful fender tip too. The battery holder in the horn assembly is rotten away. Is that something that can be found easily? And can anyone tell me by the number shear year it is? I tried looking, but get confused on the numbering systems from Schwinn.

That sounds like a good idea to me too. I was just wondering what to do with the holes that tip would leave if I removed it. Yeah I think I will clean it, go through the hubs and bearings and get the horn functioning and just enjoy it!
I still need someone's help on the year.

Last edited:
Like Rustjunkie said, enjoy as is. Not every Schwinn came with a rack, and when you go to sell it, nobody will appreciate the additional time and money you've invested in it.

Back