When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a new ballooner, and I have questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B serial number would place it early/mid 1947. Front fender IS wrong,not original to the bike.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Is the fender not original to the bike? Or, is the springer not original to the bike? Or, did they just slap it together like that at the factory and call it a day? Aww who cares! :D

Is the fender not original to the bike? Or, is the springer not original to the bike? Or, did they just slap it together like that at the factory and call it a day? Aww who cares! :D
Hard to say. Like I said, those dimples fit the springer legs like a glove. What puzzles me is the hole in the top of the fender that doesn't line up with the little mounting bracket. Either way, it's all aged together and has obviously been together for awhile and will stay that way. I love it the way it is.

FIRST OFF, CONGRATS!
NICE FIND FOR A RIDER OR TO REHAB IT.
I WOULD CONCUR, THAT IT IS POSSIBLY A '46. (BASED ON SERIAL NUMBER).
DOES THE KICK STAND TAPER FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM? (OFTEN CALLED A PENCIL POINT STAND THAT WAS EARLY '46).
THE RIMS ARE PROBABLY FLAT TOP LOBDELL RIMS USED ON DELUXE BIKES BY SCHWINN
IN LATE PREWAR WWII AND EARLY '46.( BEFORE THE S-2 RIMS IN '48)

AS FAR AS THE FENDER GOES IT IS INDENTED FOR A TUBULAR TRUSS ROD FORK. (USED FROM '46 - '48).
NOTICE THAT THE FORWARD MOUNTING HOLE FOR THAT STYLE FORK. ALSO THE 'DOUBLE INDENT' IN THE FENDER AT THE FORK ARMS. THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE FRONT FENDER WAS PUT ON AT THE FACTORY
IN THE ABSENCE OF THE CORRECT ONE JUST TO KEEP PRODUCTION GOING. IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE RIDE. THERE IS ALSO THE POSSIBILITY THE DEALER MAY HAVE PUT THE
FENDER ON THE BIKE AS A REPLACEMENT OF A DAMAGED ONE.

THE BLUE FENDER PIC POSTED WAS USED FOR THE KNIFE BLADE TRUSS ROD FORKS USED ON THE LESS DELUXE BIKES. (OFTEN CALLED ASHTABULA )SP?

THERE IS NO REASON YOU CANNOT ENJOY CLEANING AND DETAILING THE BIKE AND ENJOYING A GREAT RIDE.
THE US ROYAL MASTER TIRES WERE ALSO AN EARLY POSTWAR DELUXE FIVE RIB TIRE.

ENJOY!

Last edited:
FIRST OFF, CONGRATS!
NICE FIND FOR A RIDER OR TO REHAB IT.
I WOULD CONCUR, THAT IT IS POSSIBLY A '46. (BASED ON SERIAL NUMBER).
DOES THE KICK STAND TAPER FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM? (OFTEN CALLED A PENCIL POINT STAND THAT WAS EARLY '46).
THE RIMS ARE PROBABLY FLAT TOP LOBDELL RIMS USED ON DELUXE BIKES BY SCHWINN
IN LATE PREWAR WWII AND EARLY '46.( BEFORE THE S-2 RIMS IN '48)

AS FAR AS THE FENDER GOES IT IS INDENTED FOR A TUBULAR TRUSS ROD FORK. (USED FROM '46 - '48).
NOTICE THAT THE FORWARD MOUNTING HOLE FOR THAT STYLE FORK. ALSO THE 'DOUBLE INDENT' IN THE FENDER AT THE FORK ARMS. THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE FRONT FENDER WAS PUT ON AT THE FACTORY
IN THE ABSENCE OF THE CORRECT ONE JUST TO KEEP PRODUCTION GOING. IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE RIDE.

THE BLUE FENDER PIC POSTED WAS USED FOR THE KNIFE BLADE TRUSS ROD FORKS USED ON THE LESS DELUXE BIKES. (OFTEN CALLED ASHTABULA )SP?

THERE IS NO REASON YOU CANNOT ENJOY CLEANING AND DETAILING THE BIKE AND ENJOYING A GREAT RIDE.
THE US ROYAL MASTER TIRES WERE ALSO AN EARLY POSTWAR DELUXE FIVE RIB TIRE.

ENJOY!
Now it get it! I was imagining the truss bar Ashtabula style forks when that was being said. What they were talking about was the one that has the loop for the truss rods to go through. Thanks for clearing that up! Thank you Wes, I'll be contacting you for some keys as soon as loxking springer I ordered (for another bike) arrives in the mail. Thanks to all who have commented and educated me. I really appreciate the info.

Question to all of those who helped me with info on this bike. I have a friend who has a nicer one with blue and white original paint and I really want to buy it. What is a realistic price that I can ask for this bike? I paid a lot for it (in my opinion), and I obviously want to get my money back. But if I sell it, what can I realistically hope to get for it? This is seeking info and not for sale at this point, so I don't believe I am breaking any forum rules, I'm just trying to get realistic info. If I am, please let me know. Thank you.

Back