When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a new ballooner, and I have questions

-
Sad to even consider and it goes against all I believe in. But parting it out will surely yield more money. I paid $900 for it. I had a feeling I overpaid, but it was an emotional purchase and I didn't have much time to think on it. I don't know what to do, but I want to find a one in nicer original condition.

Would be a shame to part it out. You might get more then $700 for it complete. Please let some others weigh in on price before you make a decision on it.

Would be a shame to part it out. You might get more then $700 for it complete. Please let some others weigh in on price before you make a decision on it.
Oh yeah for sure. Believe me, I don't want to part it out. That would kill me and make me a hypocrite. I gripe at friends all the time for parting old bikes out. I just want one in a little nicer shape and in a color I want. This one's condition isn't good enough for me to leave alone and keep as a rider. Even if I can trade it and some money for a bike in the condition I want, I'd be happy to do it. I'll let some people give me some opinions and hopefully steer me in the right way. Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes you just have to swallow your lumps and chalk it up to a learning experience. That is probably the case here because I think $700 would be about top money and somewhere in the $550-600 range would be a sale in my opinion. V/r Shawn

I totally understand that, but I would definitely part it out before I'd take a $300 loss. I'll just feel it out and decide what to do based on people's suggestions. If anyone reading this has any solid requests for anything on the bike, let me know. Like I said, it's not the route I want to go, but I can't spend $300 to learn a lesson.

Wow you made some mistakes and now you want to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Parting a bike and expecting to recover money on an overpaid bike sounds like a crap shoot to me. The shipping on all the seperate parts will have to be absorbed somewhere. If you are expecting to get premium prices in a down market, maybe half your stuff sells and the other half doesn't
then you sit there with half a bike. What you gonna do with that? Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be Debbie Downer here. The solution is simple here. Keep the maroon B6 and buy the other bike you want too. If thats a budgeting problem then you need to re-align your thinking.

Last edited:
Back