When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got burned

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Couldn't you have backed out of the purchase since it was bought on eBay & the item was not as described?

I had to pay for the bike before the seller would give me a contact number or address. He wanted to be paid for it before I picked it up.
So I paid though ebay and went the next day and picked it up. It was not a good situation when I seen the bike. I made my disappointment be known and the seller acted like he could care less.
Not sure what ebay might do.
JKent

I had to pay for the bike before the seller would give me a contact number or address. He wanted to be paid for it before I picked it up.
So I paid though ebay and went the next day and picked it up. It was not a good situation when I seen the bike. I made my disappointment be known and the seller acted like he could care less.
JKent

Did you pay with PayPal ?
I'm sorry this happened to you .

Last edited:
I have never seen a bike that far gone in all my years and I have seen stuff recovered from land fills. this one is for the books!

JKent
Your purchase is protected both by eBay and by PayPal. I'm pretty sure eBay can help you out. Reach out to them & see what they can do. Make those fees work for you!

in my opinion-and I think ebay/paypal would say-you should have turned around and walked away-even though you paid. take a couple pictures of the damage (that word doesn't even come close!) and walk (actually lay rubber getting away from there). when you get back-file a dispute-you would easily get your money back. taking the bike with you 'in a way' says you accept it as is( grey area here). now a return will cost more and if not careful you'll get another ticket! with a whole lot of luck-after you get your money back and if the seller comes to his senses he'll ask you to scrap the dam thing as a favor! best wishes!

You can return it for been "substantially different from description" and you will receive a full refund price. Open a case on ebay, and call them, call ebay support line and tell the story. As soon as you receive an answer from the seller (probably saying he decline accepting the return) you must escalate the case. Ship the bike when ebay tell you to do so and take pictures pre, during and post shipment (to the box and address of the guy). Get the tracking number and send it to ebay. Of course if you picked it in person, do not deliver it in person, ship it. (maybe you will have to absorb that cost). I don't know how much you paid but it it's a considerable amount, it worth doing all this procedure. I now, it's a mess but that's the only way you can get most of your money back. Ah and don't forget to left a negative feedback when you get your money back.

This is the kind of bike that you clean the dirt off use a sos pad to scale off the lose rust clear paint the bike as is,,,you my be surprised who many people will like it just as rusty bike art,,,,,,,i went 100 miles to pick up a bike,,the guy said he had a schwinn for sale,,i asked him what color is it and he said yellow,,i asked him does it have a springer on the front he said yes,,i asked him does it have a banana seat on it he said yes,,i asked him does it have a a treaded tire or a slick tire on the back he said a slick,,i asked him if it had a gear shifter / 5 speed he said yes,,,,fantastic right a lemon peeler,,only 50 bucks so i took right off to see it,,,,,when i pulled up i saw this beautiful bike waiting for me only 50 bucks has to be a lemon Krate right,,WRONG ,,,it was a 5 speed schwinn road bike,,,yes spring loaded news paper rack on the front ,,yes had a converted yellow banana seat on it not schwinn,,yes was a 5 speed,,,had a very worn down rear tire so worn out turned into a slick,,,he did not lie he just didn't know just what i was asking lol ,,,,,i didn't even buy it lol

Last edited:
Back