When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I guess I purchased this 66 Ray, never the plan right to buy.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I haven’t looked at the date. I believe it’s technically right, really same era and right on the cusp. I did have a 66 deluxe before with the same bar and it was original. Definitely more comfortable than the bar you’re talking about. 68-69 is the most comfortable in my opinion.
Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve got some ‘68 bars and yes, they are comfy. I’m looking for the ‘63-‘65 bars for a proto-moto build. I found a Campus Green, ‘69 Fastback that I’m putting together as an early BMX (‘74 era) and those bars just seem right. Very flat. Hoping to find a really beat up pair because I want to weld on a low crossbar and not feel too guilty about it. Clearance on the Fastback will be an issue with 2.124 knobbies but I think I can tweak things a bit and get it to work. Stock fork is probably a no go.

Junk yard find for $10. Super Deluxe. Gary

old2.JPG

Good looking Stingray!
Thank you, I think so. Graphics are not strong, but for me that doesn’t matter. Fun riding bike for having an original slick, not the most efficient tire, but looks tuff, took it out twice already.

Reactions: JLF
Back