When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I guess this is vintage..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WEAKFISH

Finally riding a big boys bike
Trash picked it and used some steel wool to clean up the chrome. Man this thing is shiny. Not sure what to do with it yet... It's a Sears Free Spirit Brittany...my guess is late 70s early 80s..

Attachments

• free spirit1.jpg
    free spirit1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 134
  • free spirit2.jpg
    free spirit2.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 102
  • free spirit3.jpg
    free spirit3.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 86
  • free spirit4.jpg
    free spirit4.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 83
  • free spirit5.jpg
    free spirit5.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 108
  • free spirit6.jpg
    free spirit6.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 91
Trash picked it and used some steel wool to clean up the chrome. Man this thing is shiny. Not sure what to do with it yet... It's a Sears Free Spirit Brittany...my guess is late 70s early 80s..

RIDE IT! Looks like it cleaned up nicely.

Free Spirit Brittany

I know these are not collectible, and are considered low end bikes, but I like the looks of them. I have not ridden mine, and for sure didn't pull it out of the trash for free! :rolleyes:

OBcollector

Attachments

• DSC04547.JPG
    DSC04547.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 68
Good job. I'm also doing a restoration with my Dad's bike. Have no idea what year it is. I'll post some pics soon.

If I had to guess, I'd say that those are DEFINATELY Asian bikes though-
They are a step above what I recall the Free Spirits were back in the '70's, but you have to realize that the japanese and asian quality really went up through the '80s as far as cycling equipment, so that when Campy got too expensive and exotic, they were ready to offer a great lower cost item on even the top end-

but at the consumer level, they just out-produced everybody else. All kinds of makers started incorporating more equipment and bikes into their lines. I was working at a shop in summers of '73 and '74. We had one line called "Italvega" which were almost exclusively italian manufactured- although I don't know if the name was worldwide or some kind of American distributor. But by the second year, the line had changed the name to "Univega", and began to sport more japanese equipment until I think it became pretty much all Asian.

Nice bikes.

Last edited:
I've got most of a lady's bike to match that if someone were gung ho about Free Spirits. Mine's the lugged Austrian frame.

There ain't no way you got that out of the trash. LOL! Why can't I ever find a bike like that?

Back