When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a dilemma.. what would you do?

-
Did you file a police report at the time of the theft? If you did not, you have nothing. If you filed a report, the next time you see him with the stuff, 1) I’d have the police report with me and 2) call the local authorities. They will identify him, get his story, and depending on this contact they will contact your original police agency. You’d be surprised how this could turn out. If he bought them they may be able to track the thief. Bu the bottom line, I wouldn’t just roll over.

Well I did ask him in a round about way he said at a flea market.. I can see that.. the deal is I never seen him before till the car swap meet.. I saw the parts and I flipped out.. Steve was with me and said he's cool but I got that sick unbelievable feeling... l.. I didn't say anything about it then . But h was at the next bike swap . I just got sick . I asked a question about some prewar parts.. I knew were mine..just wanted to see if he had some knowledge... he said he didn't know what they were.... The clincher they were mine was the container they were in...I cant do anything.. also I noticed he was distancing himself from me.. perhaps I'm wrong but it was strange.. no the trailer is still gone .yes I did a report but it's a Hassel dealing with that...

You still need to find the trailer, and calling the authorities when you see him again is the only way. I would rather go through the “hassle” of calling the cops than the roller coaster of emotions you are experiencing both at the time you see him and on a daily basis. I would call the cops for no other reason than to stand up for myself. But the decision is yours, you asked for opinions; that’s my best.

I have stone .lol I almost got put in jail when I found a few of my bikes.. I told the police they just took info down that was it.. there's defamation of character and it's small potatoes on parts.. there is an idea I have. if he is part of a theft ring or the thief then there are others missing parts or bikes too.it would be in his table area then catching a thief that is better than nothing ...
If there was ever a time for a confrontation about the fact that they were your stolen parts (if 100% positive) that was it !! 💪🏻
If you didn’t have the stones I guess you just tuck tail and walk away the loser , The scumbags win again ? I would have exploded 😡😤🤬

Recently I went to a bike swap meet as I was walking around I noticed a few articles that looked familiar to me and then all of a sudden I realized they were mine..all stolen out of my trailer a while back with the trailer too.. it just sets me on fire but then I thought about a few things... First.. did this guy steal it or did he buy it stolen... so I refrained from saying anything but those parts are still floating around the swap meets ..I'm not sure what to do every time I see the part, it sets me on fire.. . I know they're my parts but I can't prove it l.. if he's innocent I don't want to make this guy feel bad if he's buying stolen property then what?... what would you do?
I would have asked the guy...no harm in talking....

Well I did ask him in a round about way he said at a flea market.. I can see that.. the deal is I never seen him before till the car swap meet.. I saw the parts and I flipped out.. Steve was with me and said he's cool but I got that sick unbelievable feeling... l.. I didn't say anything about it then . But h was at the next bike swap . I just got sick . I asked a question about some prewar parts.. I knew were mine..just wanted to see if he had some knowledge... he said he didn't know what they were.... The clincher they were mine was the container they were in...I cant do anything.. also I noticed he was distancing himself from me.. perhaps I'm wrong but it was strange.. no the trailer is still gone .yes I did a report but it's a Hassel dealing with that...
No roundabout......hey, these are mine, they were stolen,where did you get them?;

Back