When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a squeaker!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is my squeeker. It needs a model d hub rebuild. I think I'll feed it...... Eventually.

20210301_171226.jpg

I know everyone has preferences but I use Liquid Wrench with Cerflon; either penetrating oil to break loose parts or their liquid grease with the spray straw. Reason being is it doesn't evaporate like WD40 & other stuff. The Cerflon kinda acts like a Ceramic Silicone. Best modern day stuff I have used

So killing squeek = Liquid Wrench with Cerflon? Save yourself a rebuild? Heck that might be worth 8 dollars.
I have used a lot of stuff between WD40 (which is water displacement40) to deep kreep & even the acetone transmission fluid stuff on antique/vintage cars & trucks BUT between PB Blaster & Liquid Wrench they're the only 2 I would spend the $ on before disassembly to Red & Tacky grease'em.

Red and tacky? I heard car grease was bad for the old hubs?....... Maybe I oughta invest in pb blaster.
Red & Tacky is basically like a synthetic grease but I don't see how using a high temp grease meant for heavy equipment to semis could harm a hub:confounded: I know some people say grease is grease but I sure haven't ever seen R&T turn black like the thickest of tar in anything or change it's color when water or moisture has been around it. I mean if grease is grease then use your left over Bacon & pork chop grease for Biscuits & Your Hub!

@Balloonoob some people are just set in their ways and some of you are older before any of this stuff came around; I mean synthetic oil now can technically be ran 5,000 to sometimes 10,000 miles under normal daily driving before needing a change vs the 2,000-3,000 mile days of old. I appreciate the knowledge from my peers but I also learn from experience of trying stuff 1st hand. Todays experiment; tubing notcher via hole saw

Back