When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a squeaker!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You know what they say,
The squeaky pedal gets oiled first, and the nail that sticks out, gets hammered down.
You’ve got to love those old granddaddy sayings.
They’re cliche for sure, but there’s a lot of truth to them.
Just ask Andrew Cuomo.
First the accolades and book sales, then the Emmy awards, and now comes the ten pound hammer. Lol!

PS.
Wash that pedal out with some WD 40, then put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on each side where the bearings are.
Spin it around until it works it’s way in, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
I don't wanna sound bossy but some things are just a waste of time for a temporary fix; I know I have done them, then done them again, and then Done Them Right after kicking myself twice for Not putting ALL that Effort into it the 1st time (read with sarcasm but not implied) ;)

If nothing else works you could try this. If it’s pressed together and not rebuildable try flushing it with liquid paraffin (lamp oil) and carefully pore a little molten paraffin wax in it. Or try chain lube. The liquid paraffin should remove a lot of gunk.

" It's one of the pedals on Free Spirit bike. I switched 'em out for a pair that was on another bike, but would like to use the OGs if I can!"
Lightly grease (of your choice) the pedal spindle threads before screwing them back onto the cranks. This can squeak as well if they are dry.

" It's one of the pedals on Free Spirit bike. I switched 'em out for a pair that was on another bike, but would like to use the OGs if I can!"
Lightly grease (of your choice) the pedal spindle threads before screwing them back onto the cranks. This can squeak as well if they are dry.
Yep. Smart move; Anyways .... you never know if or when you may need to remove it! I have cursed many a seized pedals.

My German Shepherd can get a squeaker out of a stuffed animal in minutes!
Yep yep Chico is a Squeaker Fixer too

20201214_042143.jpg

Back