When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just aquired my first really old bike - Hibbard badged Schwinn?

-
I was wondering if the front fork truss rods are brazed to the fork ends or separate? If the truss rods are brazed on the fork ends I believe that is a earlier trait.

They are definitely brazed onto the forks on the bottom. I didn't notice that until you asked! I wonder where in the world I am going to find a rear fender!

schwinn

I live in so ca, beach is 30 min away. take it there 2-3 times a week, 16mile ride round trip for lunch and back to pick up, plus one ride to down town for lunch, having a good time with it..

I too have a Hibbard project with an original tank...maybe one day I'll get around to finishing it.

Bike Ad.jpg

SIDE VIEW.jpg

Decal.jpg

Badge.jpg

Coupla great postings by fordsnake ... (thank you, Carlton !!!)

........... patric

Bike%20Ad.jpg

SIDE%20VIEW.jpg

===============================================================================================
===============================================================================================

Bike%20Ad.jpg

SIDE%20VIEW.jpg

History

Does anyone have information on Schwinn making bikes for Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.? How early they started making bikes for them and/or which models were made?

Thanks Ross

Back