When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I landed the exact bike I was lookng for, what can you tell me about it??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That thing rarely works
Man, I thought I had a pretty definitive idea that my bike wad from April 1952, but now I ahve no idea! According to all the reords, to be from then the serial number was supposed to be on the dropout, but mine is definitely on the bottom bracket. What on earth doe that mean?? What other aspects of teh frame and build could I use to determine the year of this thing?

Man, I thought I had a pretty definitive idea that my bike wad from April 1952, but now I ahve no idea! According to all the reords, to be from then the serial number was supposed to be on the dropout, but mine is definitely on the bottom bracket. What on earth doe that mean?? What other aspects of teh frame and build could I use to determine the year of this thing?

The location of the serial number is step one when figuring out the year. Since the records went up in flames in August of 1948, all prior records were lost. Schween also duplicted the numbers up to 4 different years so there is where the fun begins if you have one of those duplicated numbers.

It's a reused prewar serial number on a post war built bike that was built prior to August 1948 were the serial records started again.
Awesome! does that fact that it is a Lincoln badge mean anything in this equation?

Back