When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I lost a NUT!

-

okozzy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Today, while out riding with the family one of my saddles lost a nut and the seat is useless without it. I have a bunch of nuts from the period but none seem to fit. My problem, I don't even know the nut size and or the make of the saddle; mesinger / troxel????

Can someone help me out here?
I thickness of the bolt is 9/32" and nothing I have will fit?

If someone is willing to sell me one, that's even better;)

thanks,
Okozzy

Attachments

• 2011 misx 005 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 005 (Medium).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 2011 misx 007 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 007 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 77
  • 2011 misx 006 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 006 (Medium).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 2011 misx 008 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 008 (Medium).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 2011 misx 010 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 010 (Medium).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
sorry to be capt. obvious

what I would do in this case, is take the other one off and head down to the hardware store or just take the hole seat.
BTW I saw that bike at the ride today and took pics of that very seat. Very nice seat, too bad about the Nuts!!

Not so obvious

what I would do in this case, is take the other one off and head down to the hardware store or just take the hole seat.
BTW I saw that bike at the ride today and took pics of that very seat. Very nice seat, too bad about the Nuts!!

Hey thanks, the seat is sweeeeet:D but not so obvious; my experience has been that these early prewar nuts and bolts sizes are not sizes being used today and every time I head to the local hardware store they send me back empty handed.

try a motorcycle shop that deals with old harleys and such.some of the threads on pre-war bikes weren't standard sae or nf.harley used threads like 3/8-20 and 1/4-24 and a couple other odd thread pitches.

I dopped a nut before 2!

I went back but it was gone, couldnt find it waaaa wataaataaa.
Tpi( threads per inch)and diameter and you will have your nut specs.

In the same boat

I went back but it was gone, couldnt find it waaaa wataaataaa.
Tpi( threads per inch)and diameter and you will have your nut specs.

Yes, in the same boat, I know the exact vicinity where it was dropped but could not find it. @)()%&@#^****!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

bring a metal detector.Take the other nut to ace hardware.It might be a metric size and they carry them>good luck

I will make it work

Thank you all for your feed back and ideas, I will somehow make it work.:o

You might try a local nut and bolt specialty store that vends to industrial folks.

Back