When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I lost a NUT!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

okozzy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Today, while out riding with the family one of my saddles lost a nut and the seat is useless without it. I have a bunch of nuts from the period but none seem to fit. My problem, I don't even know the nut size and or the make of the saddle; mesinger / troxel????

Can someone help me out here?
I thickness of the bolt is 9/32" and nothing I have will fit?

If someone is willing to sell me one, that's even better;)

thanks,
Okozzy

Attachments

• 2011 misx 005 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 005 (Medium).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 2011 misx 007 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 007 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 77
  • 2011 misx 006 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 006 (Medium).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 2011 misx 008 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 008 (Medium).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 2011 misx 010 (Medium).jpg
    2011 misx 010 (Medium).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
sorry to be capt. obvious

what I would do in this case, is take the other one off and head down to the hardware store or just take the hole seat.
BTW I saw that bike at the ride today and took pics of that very seat. Very nice seat, too bad about the Nuts!!

Not so obvious

what I would do in this case, is take the other one off and head down to the hardware store or just take the hole seat.
BTW I saw that bike at the ride today and took pics of that very seat. Very nice seat, too bad about the Nuts!!

Hey thanks, the seat is sweeeeet:D but not so obvious; my experience has been that these early prewar nuts and bolts sizes are not sizes being used today and every time I head to the local hardware store they send me back empty handed.

try a motorcycle shop that deals with old harleys and such.some of the threads on pre-war bikes weren't standard sae or nf.harley used threads like 3/8-20 and 1/4-24 and a couple other odd thread pitches.

I dopped a nut before 2!

I went back but it was gone, couldnt find it waaaa wataaataaa.
Tpi( threads per inch)and diameter and you will have your nut specs.

In the same boat

I went back but it was gone, couldnt find it waaaa wataaataaa.
Tpi( threads per inch)and diameter and you will have your nut specs.

Yes, in the same boat, I know the exact vicinity where it was dropped but could not find it. @)()%&@#^****!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

bring a metal detector.Take the other nut to ace hardware.It might be a metric size and they carry them>good luck

I will make it work

Thank you all for your feed back and ideas, I will somehow make it work.:o

You might try a local nut and bolt specialty store that vends to industrial folks.

Back