When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I met a 92 year old Metal (aluminum) Master

-

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Recently purchase an all aluminum tricycle from Mark @cr250mark, one of the aluminum disk rims was badly damaged, a buddy referred me to a local man who has been doing aluminum body side molding repairs since WWII. He works from a shop located on his property. I brought my rim to Carl to see if it was something he could tackle. Within 30 seconds he had tapped out of of the worst dents then took it to his buffing machine to test the spot he dollied, I was amazed at what I just watched, you could not tell the rim was damaged at that spot from the front side. He agreed to repair my disc rim. We talked for hours, his shop and work space is filthy but an organized mess, he's funny as hell and can tell some stories. I've been back a few more times, he's now working on my Van Doren disc rims. I asked about the Van Doren frame that I've been trying to shine up Carl not only gave me a hands on lesson on how to shine up my tubular Van Doren frame, he lent me the tools and materials needed to do the job. He told me I better do a good job since he schooled me but if not he would take it on. I have a few picture before and after., I'll post the Van Doren once completed.

-mike

711D3F93-9C8D-43F6-8D2E-EC8800E1DB54.jpeg

2550A2DD-6542-4641-A1E5-CEF786622974.jpeg

4C635672-0AFC-43E2-A58B-55A0A1340D22.jpeg

3525D045-1319-4673-B469-7CE0E67253E2.jpeg

Back