When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Murdered Colson Loop Tail .....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
murdered out
When a car is completely modified and the color BLACK is the only color used throughout the entire vehicle
Guy 1- "hey bro did you see that NOVA?"
Guy2- "yeah it was completely murdered out"

I guess its a term that's been around for a while but I just recently learned it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murdered out

As seen in Grindhouse "Deathproof"
un-chevrolet-nova-de-la-pelicula-death-proof-a-subasta-201415510175416.jpg

deathproof2ut5.8315.jpg

Repairs are complete, now in primer, parts are coming in, BB set, crank and head tube shims arrived.
P1070803.JPG

Ordered new black chain ring from 3G Bikes, I like how the design picks up the dropout plate arch to the center and the ovals continue the loop circular theme, seems chain rings in black are somewhat limited for new designs but I think I will be pleased at the look

ring.jpg

Parts are coming in, tyres, tubes, headset, pedals... more in the mail, including a killer seat I will recover in black..

I might change up the pedal set to rat traps... have to see how it looks and feels.

Going with a Shimano 3 speed rear hub, should be an easy pedal for an old fart.

Black bits1.JPG

All parts in, found a powder coater that will do my frame, had to source Lab Metal to touch up some slight pitting on the lower arm and the ding in the head tube. Regular body filler would fall out in the oven, buddy owns a Fastenal and gave me the Lab-Metal and primer.

I went with a Shimano 3 speed hub with coaster brake, had to move the dropouts outboard 22 MM to fit properly and re-square the plates to centerline.

Next step is powder coating and fresh old black leather for the saddle

Loop Parts.JPG

Harvest and canning are done, back to the Looper!

Used the lab metal to effect repairs on the frame blems. Since I will be powder coating the frame I needed to use a filler that would not bake out, multiple thin layers fixed the seat post and skim coats fixed the other areas nicely. Dropouts were moved out over a half inch to fit the Shimano 3 speed yesterday so on to powder coat this week!

Looper.jpg

Before and after shots of the Lab-metal work

Dropout.jpg
Lower.jpg
Ding.jpg
Seat.jpg

Nice stuff, that frame is great candidate for where you're taking it. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the kind comments Dave, Mike!

The chainring I bought did not "feel" right so I got a decent new steel unit from 3MG Bikes, their shipping was insanely good!

I recovered the Persons rail saddle I bought from Ram.1950 in black, I like the curve of the crash rail with the Colson frame so will probably leave it on the bike.

I have all metals prepped except the truss rods I had bought from Fleabay. Installed the old bearing cups and fit the front end and Astabula crank and chainring to see how she will look before powdercoat.

I left off the black front wheel for the mock up but did have to open the drop out slots and hole in the truss rods for the modern larger axle, might go to a disc brake in the future and wanted to make allowance for it if I go that way, so this is the last pic before final assembly.

Persons.jpg
Mock-up.jpg

Back