When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a muscle bike owner to answer a stupid question for me

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

A_J

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'll keep it simple no experience with them but I'm interested..are they as small as they look in photos? Not huge I'm 5'11 but i do like to ride the bikes in my collection is why I ask. I've yet to have the pleasure of being in person with one just looking at for sale ads. Sears Spyder, stingray, that sorta thing.. thanks!

I’m 5’ 11’ also. I’m around 170lbs. They’re comfortable & fun to me for quick spins but not really for long cruises

Reactions: A_J
I’m 5’ 11’ also. I’m around 170lbs. They’re comfortable & fun to me for quick spins but not really for long cruises
Thats what I was hoping to hear. I have good cruisers so was wanting to go for something different anyway! Thanks for the reply

The muscle bikes are a blast to ride. You can raise the seats pretty high and move bars up for comfort. My friend even beefed up my Krate and used modern bearings in the cranks and headset for the extra adult weight. I re-did a 16" Midget Stingray each for both my grandsons too. Check out Frisco bay Stingrays on youtube and you can see guys your size riding comfortably.

Reactions: A_J
The muscle bikes are a blast to ride. You can raise the seats pretty high and move bars up for comfort. My friend even beefed up my Krate and used modern bearings in the cranks and headset for the extra adult weight. I re-did a 16" Midget Stingray each for both my grandsons too. Check out Frisco bay Stingrays on youtube and you can see guys your size riding comfortably.
Sounds great Thanks for the info!

I'll keep it simple no experience with them but I'm interested..are they as small as they look in photos? Not huge I'm 5'11 but i do like to ride the bikes in my collection is why I ask. I've yet to have the pleasure of being in person with one just looking at for sale ads. Sears Spyder, stingray, that sorta thing.. thanks!
You mentioned Spyders - they have 24" narrow wheels so it fits an adult rider a bit better.

What a 24" Spyder might look like...;)

RaK7L4M.jpg

You would have no problem man and in my opinion the most fun bike you can ride. .. And I'll second the comment of not wanting to ride any long distance. Schwinn Also makes a 24 inch muscle bike called a manta Ray but they can be hard to find and pricey. I recently sold a Murray f5 eliminator that had a 24' rear wheel and a 20' front that would hold a bigger rider very comfortably.

Thanks for all the replies! Ya have me convinced and I'll be keeping my eyes open for one in the near future. I'll be sure to throw up some pics!!

Back