When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a Schwinn DX tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A

Ace356

Does any one have a DX tank for a 26"? This is not a straightbar tank and does not have be perfect. It can be a re-pop or an original(no rot or pin holes please). I am almost done collecting the parts I need to get ready for paint. Thanks for any sellers with an extra kicking around.

Tim
a.k.a. Ace356

Schwinn DX tank

Thanks J.E,

I have been watching the Bay and damn,what sticker shock! This is the exact tank I need. Did you see the mint red DX with the lightning bolts go for over $300 last weekend? Enough already. We shouldn't have to take out a home loan for some of the fevered bidding on bike parts. I would like to have Military Monark jump in and let me know what he paid for his recent DX tank purchase. I should have bought a re-pop from Bicyce Bones on E-Bay for $75 bucks when he had them. I was hoping someone in The Cabe community might have be able to help out on this one. I'm still hoping....
Tim

yeah I actually bought a straightbar tank for too much. But it looks so good no dents. You need to go on mapleislandsales.com 125.00 they have dx tanks, in various colors

DX Tank info

Hey MilitaryMonark,

Thanks for the great tip. I'll check them out and see what they have to offer. I bought a late 1940's Schwinn Ace(made for the Ace Store) and am restoring what I hope will be a head turning beauty when it is done! Pictures before and after will be coming soon...

Tim
Ace356

Yea tanks and some racks seem to be the two bike purchases when collecting parts for a bike resto.I paid $350 for the tank on my 1936 Model C Schwinn and $350 for the rack.

Crazy parts pricing

Hi J.E,

Looking back at the purchases so far, I too am guilty of EBay "gotta have it" bidding. I will include an itemized list of prices paid for my insane first time resto of a vintage balloon tire when it is complete with pic's. I read a post a while back on The Cabe that is cheaper to buy a complete bike than to piece one together. I couldn't agree more. The thing is, I have a vision of building this one of a kind sunny Southern California beach honey and it is almost there. It has not been cheap though. Sometimes I think it is not worth the "is my wife going to kill me when she finds out what this really costs" money laundering! I will keep you posted...;)

Or you might be reading my obituary!:eek:

Tim

Yea i'm going to have more money in turning my 1936 model C Schwinn fom a stripped down model to a deluxe than I will have in my !936 schwinn Motorbike that I bought complete.

Back