When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a seat!!! HELP!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I

Iram

bikes 001.jpg
bikes 002.jpg
bikes 003.jpg
bikes 016.jpg

and the sissy bar if any one has them. please let me know. thanks

Have you checked the ones on ebay? A search by "bicycle banana seat" will turn up some seats similar to the ones in your ad. Ditto for a "bicycle sissy bar" search.

Dave

Thanks for the info.. I did look on ebay but, do you know by any chance who was the maker of the seat for those montgomery ward's hawthornes? i have a lot of schwinn seats but i want to keep it all original.

Thanks again!

In all honesty, I wouldn't know for sure which seat maker supplied seats for these Hawthorne bikes. There's probably better than a 50-50 chance they were Troxel seats, however. I have a 1950 ladies Hawthorne with the original Troxel seat. The older bike ads used to many times state the make of seat used along with makes of other equipment, such as New Departure hubs and Torrington pedals, but I don't think they did that very often on 1960s and later ads. They mention features of the bike, like in your ad images, but don't specifically state makers of the equipment on the bike.

Dave

Last edited:
Back