When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need Another Price Check, Please...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
The seller has stated that the bike is a 1952 model, but that's all. From what I can see (through the rust) from the one photo, she's probably right...and I think it's a Hornet.
The tank is sitting in the basket and all appears to be there except, of course, the head light.

So I ask you guys once again...what do you think it's worth? It started out high at $250, and she's willing to come down to $125 as the bottom price. It's not far from me to go look at, but I don't even know about her bottom line, which still seems a bit much. What do you guys think???

Schwinn.jpg

1952_05.jpg

Yes, $125 is an attractive price, @Shawn Michael . It's probably going to be a parts bike for me...IF it's even in a decent enough condition when I go to see it
(waiting for her to get back to me). Should the rust and paint be worse than I'm thinking, I'll leave it where it is.

Part of the reason I considered the purchase is that the bike and I share the same Birth year. :cool:

It's about a 20 minute drive from my house, so no big deal to go see it. Its been listed a long time, and may continue to be! :) And space is always a question, @Goldenrod1 , since I just sold a bike to make some room. What a disease, lol!!!!

I know it won't come out as nice as this 1955 Hornet I bought a few weeks back for $200, but that's more of a killer deal that doesn't come along to often.

IMG_1515.jpg

I'm going to get it tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it's as good as I'm hoping. Oh, and the bike, I just found out, is at her boyfriends house. 35 minutes away, but on the way to my daughters house. So I'll combine two trips into one!

Photos in a day or so if I purchase it... :cool:

Back