When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need Any help at decoding the year of my Jc Higgins bicycle ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

THEGOLDENGREEK

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So i have had this Jc higgins bicycle for a couple of years now and id like to pin point the correct year of this bicycle. The bicycle is all original except for the tires and tubes. Tail light ,Tank horn and the Batwing headlight works as well. I do have a catalog with jc higgins bicycles but i cant come up with any info on this bicycle. Although i did find one bicycle that came close to looking like the bicycle i got and it said it might be a 1947 well any help would be great. The first 2 pics are when i first got it, and the last few pics was after i cleaned it all up and ill tell you what after i cleaned it up the paint pops, and shines. :cool:

ResizedImage_1362959473950.jpg
ResizedImage_1362959436347.jpg
ResizedImage_1362958902694.jpg
ResizedImage_1362958932158.jpg
ResizedImage_1362959355765.jpg

Last edited:
Its an early Higgins. Still has Elgin skirts, but squared off guard. My best guess is a `48 like this one. The stars in forks can be seen better in the second pic.

IMAG0120_zpsc3e5400f-1.jpg

b5b5168faa2b4209bfcbf6d581fc7963_zps7016-1.jpg

Its an early Higgins. Still has Elgin skirts, but squared off guard. My best guess is a `48 like this one. The stars in forks can be seen better in the second pic.

IMAG0120_zpsc3e5400f-1.jpg

b5b5168faa2b4209bfcbf6d581fc7963_zps7016-1.jpg

Oh ok fordmike thanxs for that great info and with pics, Dougfisk i still havnt had time to get the searial number ...ill get i have to move made thign out of the way to get to the bike!

Hey guys ! I’m new here . But doing same stuff .. I recently got JC Higgins rusted treasure I believe, and need help with decoding of numbers to know what year is my bike .. please please who knows help me . I have 506-45070 and below 1580774

Hey guys ! I’m new here . But doing same stuff .. I recently got JC Higgins rusted treasure I believe, and need help with decoding of numbers to know what year is my bike .. please please who knows help me . I have 506-45070 and below 1580774
You’d be better off starting your own thread and posting some pictures

Reactions: mrg
Back