When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help! I bought a bike that I know nothing about.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What is the sleeve you have put on the seat post? What does it do exactly? I'm having issues with the seat post on my Elgin and have been trying to figure out how to fix
It's a shim that goes between the seat post hole and the 5/8 seatpost and makes up for the space between their. I didn't know they built them like that until I got my bike. I think there's one for sale on eBay right now, at least there was this.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

What is the sleeve you have put on the seat post? What does it do exactly? I'm having issues with the seat post on my Elgin and have been trying to figure out how to fix
Vintage bicycle seatpost adapter fits Schwinn and others brands, is the ad on ebay.
This is what it looks like.
shim.jpg

I have some bad luck some times, I thought I had myself a set of forks, but the fork legs are too long and the braces won't reach the axle. I knew they were the wrong style of forks, but I thought they would work for now.

Here's what the original looks like. I guess I'm going to have to find one just like it. Barry

20181130_192525-jpg.jpg

20181130_192600-jpg.jpg

20181130_192615-jpg.jpg

Great looking frame! Do you have the bent fork shown and if so, why don't you straighten it and use it? You could also use a 13/16" seatpost w/o shims? The bike must have originally had the 5/8" post eh? Crank/hubs/pedals/when all clean and adjusted makes for a smooth and crunch-free ride. :p

Thanks! It rides real good, I've already cleaned everything and greased it. The fork is broken and bent in two directions. I don't know about fixing it. I already has the shims and 5/8" seat post. Thanks, Barry

Back