When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help identifying my new bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rfortner

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I recently purchased this bike at a barn sale. The tires are shot and the chain and pedals will need replaced. It is cleaning up nicely and appears to be orginal paint and surface rust. The problem is, after hours of research, I cant identify what I have. I thought it was a 1941 Dx. However, when I pulled the torpedo light top off, there are instructions for the light with what I believe to be a date of 9/48. Can anyone help?
20200425_180201.jpg
20200425_180140.jpg
20200425_135010.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Photos are able to be deleted. Hit the edit button at bottom of your post to access. Nice bike!

Thank you! I am very much a rookie at this but it has been so much fun. I cant wait to get her all shined up to ride.

I believe the built-in kickstand is a post-war feature, but yours still has the earlier "drop center" rims (S-2 rims were introduced in 1948, if I remember correctly), so I'm thinking just after the war. There should be a serial number under the bottom bracket that you can check against the "Schwinn Serial Number Reference" thread at the head of this forum.

Last edited:
Back