When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help identifying my new bike

-
I believe the built-in kickstand is a post-war feature, but yours still has the earlier "drop center" rims (S-2 rims were introduced in 1948, if I remember correctly), so I'm thinking just after the war. There should be a serial number under the bottom bracket that you can check against the "Schwinn Serial Number Reference" thread at the head of this forum.

Thank you so much! I found the number.

I appreciate the help. I have never been a bile person until I laid eyes on this. Old bikes just have that character that draws you in. I think I found a new hobby.

Maroon postwars will do that to you. Easy to work on and find parts for and ride just as good as a prewar. Welcome to hobby

That will make a real nice rider. As they say in Britain, a "sit up and beg" bike, no hunched over scorcher.;) I rode the 1947 I have today and yours looks to have much nicer paint and parts. Started with this and ...
F
finished with this. Yours will come out much nicer. Perfect for Saturday morning trips to the farmers market.

Does anyone know this significance of the American Standard head badge?
"Manufactured for Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods Co. Columbus Ohio USA" There's some nice DX Schwinns in this thread, and one project I have with the exact same head badge.
American Standard was a brand name owned by Columbus Cycle. It was common for Schwinn to build bikes with retailer's badges before they got their own authorized dealer network established. There were also other names used by Schwinn that they owned, but by the mid-'50's most other badges were dropped.

Back