When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help identifying my new bike

-
That will make a real nice rider. As they say in Britain, a "sit up and beg" bike, no hunched over scorcher.;) I rode the 1947 I have today and yours looks to have much nicer paint and parts. Started with this and ...
View attachment 1184609F
finished with this. Yours will come out much nicer. Perfect for Saturday morning trips to the farmers market.

View attachment 1184616
You did an amazing job! I am excited for the day that I can finally ride mine.

"Manufactured for Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods Co. Columbus Ohio USA" There's some nice DX Schwinns in this thread, and one project I have with the exact same head badge.
American Standard was a brand name owned by Columbus Cycle. It was common for Schwinn to build bikes with retailer's badges before they got their own authorized dealer network established. There were also other names used by Schwinn that they owned, but by the mid-'50's most other badges were dropped.
Great info. Thank you!

"Manufactured for Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods Co. Columbus Ohio USA" There's some nice DX Schwinns in this thread, and one project I have with the exact same head badge.
American Standard was a brand name owned by Columbus Cycle. It was common for Schwinn to build bikes with retailer's badges before they got their own authorized dealer network established. There were also other names used by Schwinn that they owned, but by the mid-'50's most other badges were dropped.

This makes more more excited to get it on the road!

You all are the best. What I have is a 1948 D37xe built in November of 1948. I purchased this gem for $10

Since you're brand new to this hobby I'd like to get you informed right off the bat. The date associated to the Schwinn serial numbers is the date that number was stamped on the component, in this case the bottom bracket shell. That SN stamped piece was later used to build that frame and there is no way to tell when that bike was built. If the serial is a November stamped number, there is a very good chance that bike was built in and is 1949 model. That serial number look up is often incorrect and if you use it make sure you look at the actual serial number list to verify, unless you like being lead down the wrong gopher hole.

Have fun bringing this one back to life!

Since you're brand new to this hobby I'd like to get you informed right off the bat. The date associated to the Schwinn serial numbers is the date that number was stamped on the component, in this case the bottom bracket shell. That SN stamped piece was later used to build that frame and there is no way to tell when that bike was built. If the serial is a November stamped number, there is a very good chance that bike was built in and is 1949 model. That serial number look up is often incorrect and if you use it make sure you look at the actual serial number list to verify, unless you like being lead down the wrong gopher hole.

Have fun bringing this one back to life!

This is good to know. Thank you so much. I appreciate your help. Any wisdom is welcome!

Back