When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help in identifying a bicycle that was given to me.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Stevetheauctionguy1126

On Training Wheels
Hello All..

I recently received this bike from a friend but, I am having trouble finding any information on it. I does have a serial number, has the letters MOD followed by a set of numbers, under those numbers are another set of numbers. When I searched this number it syated I have a 1952 Chigago Schwinn. So I did a search for this date and still cannot find the bike I have. Can someone please help me. I am looking to sell but, need an asking price.

Thank you..
Screenshot9520181021-133434.png

Screenshot9520181021-133449.png

Screenshot9520181021-133458.png

Screenshot9520181021-133524.png

It’s Murray built, late 1960s. Not much in value, I’d say around $75. Research Murray serial numbers if you want more accuracy.

Nope, that sequence was probably recycled. Most bicycle manufacturers followed fashionable trends, styles changed over the years. Your bike is late 1960s based on what it looks like. Middleweight bicycles were introduced in the mid-1950s....your bike’s a middleweight.

Probably to late to be branded as a Higgins. The fork is commonly called "rat trap springer". Could have been sold as a number of different models. See if you can make anything out on the chain guard. Jacob pretty much nailed value. V/r Shawn

Back