When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help, trying to find the date this was made!

-

Plo1997

On Training Wheels
I have this bike that I bought from someone else in hopes to restore it as best as possible, but im really having a hard time figuring out the Year it was made and if it is actually a Marlin Firearms Co. Bicycle or if the plate on it isnt original.

received_441783663680910.jpeg

received_326566445766638.jpeg

received_956067965229687.jpeg

The headbadge is probably original. Marlin sold Westfield built bikes in 1937, as indicated in the two ads I posted. Your frame is Westfield built and has a 1937 serial number from June 37.

Looks like yours was originally blue and is likely a Model 378L unequipped bike. The fenders look original and don’t appear to have the holes for a light and wiring that the deluxe models had.

And the Marlin looks like a 26" balloon tire bicycle; (not the same frame as that other Westfield-built 28" ladies bicycle, from about 10 years earlier).

Grab the ball and run! Welcome and stay! I’m still a newbie… and i have zero pre war bikes! So…thats not nothing! Your GONNA..spend a butt load of money and time… my wife tells me this all the time..! The goal is to own something cool and have fun! 😜 If your looking to make money! Go back to school!

Last edited:
Back