I need help with Monark

This ad disappears when logged in

New monarke

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Aug 26, 2019
Germany
I bought yesterday also a Monark (number F1347) cause I think its a beauty. Now I want to restaurate it or just repair/clean and paint it in a modern way. Maybe you can tell me when it was made and all other Information. Ask me for more Information .Please tell me that they are always without tank because it will be hard to find one :/ :D Thank you !
View attachment 1053721

Last edited:

skiptooth

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 1, 2017
Tehachapi CA
FIRST WELCOME,i have had several monarks over the years all of them have had tanks, they are not hard to find ! pics will help with style and model and year Richard...

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 1, 2015
Detroit, United States
If it's a 1950's super deluxe, the tanks aren't as hard to find as you may think. Especially if you're not worried about the paint matching. Now, I'm not saying that they grow on trees. But, they are around. Please post a photo that works. :D

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Why do you think this is a Monark? What does the head badge say? I'm thinking 1940 Westfield built. V/r Shawn

skiptooth

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 1, 2017
Tehachapi CA
i'd like to see the badge? I think mike has it figured out ! :) it might be the other( monarch)?

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
i'd like to see the badge? I think mike has it figured out ! :) it might be the other( monarch)?

The other Monarch is a TOC brand. I believe there were some European bikes made with this brand as well and wonder if someone put one of those badges on it. The serial, frame, and chain guard would all seem to indicate a '40 Westfield built bike as I stated above. V/r Shawn

New monarke

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Aug 26, 2019
Germany
The other Monarch is a TOC brand. I believe there were some European bikes made with this brand as well and wonder if someone put one of those badges on it. The serial, frame, and chain guard would all seem to indicate a '40 Westfield built bike as I stated above. V/r Shawn
Yes, could be a "fake" Monarch badge in the back there is also a "Monarch" sticker. What are TOC brands ?

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Please post up better pics of the badge and sticker you are talking about. Regardless the bike is not a Monark/Monarch. It is a Westfield built bike and based on what I'm seeing was built in 1940. You may have to change your user name to "New Westfield"! V/r Shawn

New monarke

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Aug 26, 2019
Germany
Thank you all! The westfield tipps helped me allot. It is I think a Westfield Victory from 1939 with Monarch badges :D. Now I have to decide wether I want to restaurate with buying a tank and other missing parts or just repaint and clean repair it. Any suggestions ? What would be better ?

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture