When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need Schwinn Experts help! Schwinn mystery?

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy!

I have a 1945-46? Schwinn Dx. Someone gave it to me but it was missing the fenders, fork, wheels etc.
The kickstand is tapered like normal. The seat post clamp has raised A.S. letters like normal. The frame is as it should be with one exception, I can't find a rear fender to fit, the hole spacing is off. The area where you bolt the fender in place at the top near the seat post is solid tubing rather than the u-shape metal piece that's normally there on Post War bikes?

PLEASE HELP! I need a fender for the rear of this bike! Thanks, Barry

That's some unknown brand of fender I put on the rear of it.
SAM_2232.JPG
SAM_2231.JPG
SAM_2233.JPG
SAM_2234.JPG

Headed over to my old man's place tomorrow, I'll take some measurements on a mystery fender I bought a couple years a go. NOS, with the holes along the edge for the skirt guard, the vendor swore up and down it was pre-war. Didn't fit any of the 4 pre-war frames I had at the time, but it did fit his "1947" fat bar perfectly, so I gave it to him. If memory serves it had all the features a pre-war fender, but the dimples and the mounting holes aligned with the post-war seat stays and bridge.

Headed over to my old man's place tomorrow, I'll take some measurements on a mystery fender I bought a couple years a go. NOS, with the holes along the edge for the skirt guard, the vendor swore up and down it was pre-war. Didn't fit any of the 4 pre-war frames I had at the time, but it did fit his "1947" fat bar perfectly, so I gave it to him. If memory serves it had all the features a pre-war fender, but the dimples and the mounting holes aligned with the post-war seat stays and bridge.
That would be great! Thank you very much! I have been having a very hard time finding a fender to fit in the rear of that bike. Have a great day. Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Back