When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need Schwinn Experts help! Schwinn mystery?

-
Sorry for the delay in getting these up but here she is. Fit's his '47 perfectly, but that frame has the standard U-shaped stamped bridge. Distance from the center of the obloid slot for the chainstay bridge to the hole for the seatstay bridge is 15 1/2". It's been several years since I've had multiple fenders in my possession to compare, and just as long since I researched trying to find a mate for this but if my dusty memory serves the unusual combination of features on this fender is that it has the smaller edge bead around the radius and lack of a tack welded reinforcement at the slot (pre-war features) but has the crimped trailing edge (not a 'razor edge') and the bolt hole locations of the post war bikes. It is a 'deep' fender (wraps around the tire more than the fender on your bike) and needless to say, the width of a heavyweight frame.

Again, my memories on the chronology of the details is likely faulty, I'll leave to to gallery to correct me, but like I say, the vendor I got this from swore up and down that it fit his pre-war frames, though I only had standard models at my disposal, no Autocycles to compare (a '38 Model C, '39 DX and two '41-ish DX's at the time). Dad still has one of the 41's and no way this fender fits it. Hope everyone's corrections to my memory will help you find something :)

20171201_120742_Film3.jpg

20171201_120749_Film3.jpg

20171201_120756_Film3.jpg

Sorry for the delay in getting these up but here she is. Fit's his '47 perfectly, but that frame has the standard U-shaped stamped bridge. Distance from the center of the obloid slot for the chainstay bridge to the hole for the seatstay bridge is 15 1/2". It's been several years since I've had multiple fenders in my possession to compare, and just as long since I researched trying to find a mate for this but if my dusty memory serves the unusual combination of features on this fender is that it has the smaller edge bead around the radius and lack of a tack welded reinforcement at the slot (pre-war features) but has the crimped trailing edge (not a 'razor edge') and the bolt hole locations of the post war bikes. It is a 'deep' fender (wraps around the tire more than the fender on your bike) and needless to say, the width of a heavyweight frame.

Again, my memories on the chronology of the details is likely faulty, I'll leave to to gallery to correct me, but like I say, the vendor I got this from swore up and down that it fit his pre-war frames, though I only had standard models at my disposal, no Autocycles to compare (a '38 Model C, '39 DX and two '41-ish DX's at the time). Dad still has one of the 41's and no way this fender fits it. Hope everyone's corrections to my memory will help you find something :)

View attachment 718828

View attachment 718829

View attachment 718831
Thank you very much! The fender I have in there was just some old aftermarket Fender I put in there. I'll measure the distance between the holes and get back to you. Thank you very much and have a great evening. Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Howdy! I measured the fender today and it is 14 1/2" between mounting holes. I had already thought about the fender you have and decided against it, so it being the wrong size makes it nice. I think I'd destroy it trying to weld up the holes anyway. Thanks for the trouble you went through to show me the fender. Merry Christmas! Barry

Back