When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some advice.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bathpro

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I picked up this trike this summer and want to refurbish it. I was wondering if it is possible to remove the crank arms from the shaft.
they appear to be riveted on. Thanks!

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

I'm no expert but I think that's a pin that could be pushed out the other side with a drift, it goes thru the pedal arm and the crank shaft. They come in all sizes and lengths. After it's out the pedal arm should slide off. Make sure it will come out spray it with some PB Blaster. Good Luck. After your resto is done put the pedal arm back on, line up the holes and tap in the new pin (or the old one if you got it out in one piece). If the new pin is to long cut it off to match the old one before you tap it in. A cut off wheel works good because they are hard steel.

Last edited:
Driving it out will probably make it unusable when you go to put the crank arm back on. Go to your local hardware store and look for "steel roll pin".

Back