When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some Schwinn frame tip/tricks

-
I thought about that. I thought about using some beer can material as a shim. Just didn’t know if that would work or not. As cheesy as it sounds, the idea of building it up a little with in weld and sanding it to fit sounds like it would work.
lol I was saying put them in place and weld them to the frame lmao. Totally joking. Your idea of building them up would take to long. And no one likes to grind hahaha

@ZE52414 Can I ban you from this thread?! Lol. Yer killing me! Merry Christmas to you and your family, my brother!
Lmao!! Just trying to help you out!! Hahaha Merry Christmas to you and your family as well man! Hope you guys have a good one!! Im sure I'll get a text in about 2 min :).

Oh hope I helped you out lmao!!

On a more serious note, has anyone considered using frame blocks like these to slightly compress the tubing to a uniform, snug fit? I know these are intended for dents, but it occurs to me that they might do the job.

FBlg.jpg

On a more serious note, has anyone considered using frame blocks like these to slightly compress the tubing to a uniform, snug fit? I know these are intended for dents, but it occurs to me that they might do the job.

View attachment 728568
Crazy! I’ve never even seen those before. Those would surely do the job. It’s just the slightest bit flared. Those are really cool. I’ll google them and see if that’s a possibility, thank you!

Hi. Everybody. Merry Christmas. What. I did on my 48 was put a cup meant for locking fork. The increase in length often makes the difference. Now the cup locates into the part of the headtube unaffected by wear worked for me

Hi. Everybody. Merry Christmas. What. I did on my 48 was put a cup meant for locking fork. The increase in length often makes the difference. Now the cup locates into the part of the headtube unaffected by wear worked for me
That’s a great idea. But finding two of those may prove to be a challenge and an expensive one at that. But I like the idea and will see if I can put my hands on a pair of those.

I wouldn’t even be opposed to buying some fancy aftermarket aluminum one from White industries or somebody like that if I could get an accurate measurement on the frame

Back