When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need to know the spoke lengths used with a Sturmey Archer 4 speed/Dynohub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

usarnie1

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 1951 FG 4 speed hub with the Dynohub Generator. I need to know what the two spoke sizes are to lace it up to a Raleigh 26 x 1 3/8 EA3 rim. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Thank you to both kohl57 and Sven! Now that I have the size spokes that I need, I will order them!

Regards,

Arnie

The chart on page 69 showed the size for both the small and large flange spokes to be 11 1/32" with a wire gauge of 14, which equates to a hair over 280mm. So, that is the size that I ordered in Stainless Steel.

Thanks Dizzle Problems. I used the chart you suggested and it gave me a more precise measurement than the other chart(see the attached chart). I went ahead and ordered the 280mm stainless steel spokes, which should work for both sizes that I need. I will be laying the spokes 4 across for a 26 x 1 3/8" Raleigh Rim.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 1.41.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks to all who helped me. Below are photos of the completed Raleigh Wheel all laced up with 40 new 280mm Stainless Steel Spokes. The spokes were a bargan price of $11.68 purchesed on E-bay and sent from China. The 1951 FG hub was purchased on E-bay UK for $62.14 and I picked it up in person when I was vacationing recently in London UK. The 1950's 40 hole Raleigh rim was acquired locally with the purchase of a junker 1950s Raleigh bicycle.

The completed wheel will be going onto my 1950s Raleigh mens Bicycle that came with an SW rear hub and I will be replacing the 1950s Dynohub that is on the front wheel with a standard Raleigh wheel. I consider what I am doing a major upgrade to this Raleigh Bicycle by getting rid of the undesirable SW 3 speed hub with the more desirable FG 4 speed rear hub that includes a built in Dynohub.

RaleighRim1.JPG

RaleighRim2.JPG

RaleighRim3.JPG

RaleighRim4.JPG

SturmeyArcherFG.JPG

Last edited:
Now that the above is nearly done, I am off to my next project!

Last edited:
Back