When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need to look where I'm going....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Once I was riding my girl cousin's bike and attempted a "wheelie" off the top of a rise.... well the %$@&*#@ front wheel flew off. Forks stop a bike very fast! Ripped the whole nail off my left middle finger, and it didn't even bleed till I looked at it....LOL!

I did the same thing when I was maybe 10. I cut the forks off and old bike and used them to make a chopper.... popped a wheelie and off they went....then I had that fun front-flip experience and laid in the road a bit :( A drill and screws were then used to secure the connection!

Anyone ever make a chopper out of their muscle bike in the 70's by cutting the forks off another bike and pounding them on? I was doing a wheely and had one of them fall off. Ouch!

IMG_20170509_194418773.jpg

Ft. Collins, CO/summer 1974/age 9 with the first custom bike I built. Shortly after this pic was taken I launched it off a 2"x8" propped on a cinder block standing on end. Evel Kneivel was BIG at the time. Discovered in mid-air that I should have spent a little more time beating the fork extensions on. LOL! :oops::oops::eek::p:p:p

at 11, I was riding the Stingray through the desert in Tucson, along with my friends. I was tearing it up and well in front of them, turned to look back at them and trash talked them for being slow. Turned around just has I made contact with the top strand of a barb wire fence, flew backwards a good distance, no idea how fast I was going, just pumping all out, going downhill, woke up getting stitches across my face, the tetanus shot was the worst part.

My friends were good kids, one stayed with me, while the other went and got my Dad, then they brought my bike home for me, I didn't get to ride for about a week after that one.

Back