When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yard art in itself is not a bad thing...for the truly rusted hulks, it is a peaceful grave.

I have saved much worse that that one.

Got the headbadge decal from Bruce Crawford today! I should retake the picture later.
I'm also going to try and clean the top of the chainguard up and save the main painting for the replacement rack. That would mean all I need to do it reproduce the H logo and twin stripes on the rack, paint and stripe the tank, find a bezel and get a seat and I'm about there.

If I come across I spare headlight assembly for the Camaro tank I sent, I'll let you know. I thought I have a spare tank bracket for it but I did not. Let me know if the Camaro tank even fits this. It was a freebie so no harm no foul if it doesn't, it was worth a try.

hawthornehuffy rack 004.JPG
hawthornehuffy rack 001.JPG

Thank you, zedsn!

The spring is underneath tho...I assume that it helps to hold the taillight assembly in. Ed said it's from a Hawthorne and yes, I taillight will go there, no sense in messing around.

The spring is underneath tho...I assume that it helps to hold the taillight assembly in. Ed said it's from a Hawthorne and yes, I taillight will go there, no sense in messing around.

Remember, I own four Silver Jets, and have bought and parted out three others. These racks COULD fit other bikes, so it is possible that it came off a Hawthorne. This will mate right up to any 26" Huffy rear fender from about 1959-1970 (assuming it has the bracket on top of the fender). The spring is for a bar that would clamp down on your cargo. A thin metal washer went on both sides of the bar, on each end. Then you had chrome metal legs that went from the small fender mounting holes to the shaft. The tail light tray screws into the two holes on top. The tight-fitting trim bezel that went over it screws into the u-clips on the sides.

Back