Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
Here is a problem. I've had TWO previous cans of Dupli-Color Metal Specks Ocean Blue (MS 200) just QUIT. I can't see anything I've done wrong trying to paint the Huffy's rack, fork and I thought about the chainguard, also the replacement correct Rollfast rack for Tempest.

Can number three.

I waited to try and do as much as I could...shake shake, all business. Popped the cap off.

NO BUTTON! GRRRRRRRR

I wonder if I'm being played with! I've wasted a lot of time and I'm about ready to call a Boise store with this same chain and get it straight.

Either that or see if True Value has the spray buttons.

Last edited:

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth
@partsguy I could sure use those arms like maybe next month...and I found a boy's 1968 Camaro on eBay in green for more references.

I have better dark blue spraypaint that is non-metallic and close enough to the frame color that I could finish painting.

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
@partsguy I could sure use those arms like maybe next month...and I found a boy's 1968 Camaro on eBay in green for more references.

I have better dark blue spraypaint that is non-metallic and close enough to the frame color that I could finish painting.
I sold my Silver Jet parts rack on eBay sometime ago man. I'm sorry!

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth
I finished the blue on the crank housing of the Huffy and got the rest of the rust reformer on the chainguard last night and brought them in before bringing them in to finish drying overnight...good thing because I knew I was chasing rain by morning. It did just that. I still have the tank and chainguard to finish painting.I hope it will be sunny soon like the weather report hints at, but not painting is only an inconvenience, the cold front is welcome after mostly 90-100F all summer, and just trying to finish the painting before it gets too cold and then we have the winter to come and guess about and be prepared for whatever happens.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$600.00
eBay Auction Picture
$4.00
eBay Auction Picture
$3.00
eBay Auction Picture
$4.00
eBay Auction Picture
$15.00
eBay Auction Picture