When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
The title is in honor of partsguy telling me he was thinking of making this bike YARD ART when I offered to buy it from him. This is what it was like before parts were stripped for his other projects. There were no fenders, chain or rims and no seat left and the basket is not part of the deal. I'm also unsure it the rack had arms once or was supposed to hold the center of the fender. There was a problem though...the rack and seat tube collar were put together wrong by the previous owner (who apparently had NO CLUE how to go to the hardware store and do it right) so the whole affair if in need of a saw and the collar got torn off when partsguy tried to get it out...oh well...I can get one like it with arms if needed and start over.

So from now on until completion I will simply call the project Holly Huffy (I won a karaoke competition on New Years Eve 2000 singing Holly Holy, thank you Neil), Holly for short. When I finish I hope to simply GIVE HER AWAY.

The Huffy.jpg

Put the basket on blow up the tires and ride it may be my old eyes but it looks like the forks are bent forward,Probley just the way its leaning against the building

Bent out not in like some one did commander lander....:eek: Mad rake now she'd be stable at high speed!!:D

Put the basket on blow up the tires and ride it may be my old eyes but it looks like the forks are bent forward,Probley just the way its leaning against the building

You didn't red the first post. It was partially parted so PG could fix another Huffy or two (maybe the SILVER ONE he posted and sold to a lady). The fork WAS curved. Rosa's old fork is going on in it's place, there are no wheels yet.

That could well be why it's posted in PROJECT bikes?

By the way, the seat wasn't part of that but I'm planned to buy one like it that the LBS has one just like it that I'm going to take off his hands. I'm going to get the proper bearing grease as well and learn to install all my bearings on both bikes this year.

I'll be sending off for the rest of Holly Monday that partsguy had and I'm working on getting the wheelset together.

That will be in the mail in the morning...and I went to the NAPA auto parts store and got a can of a nice blue...can't really find an exact match so I may just document the graphics, send tom on to Bruce Crawford and give Holly a new kind of blue.

The seat and rear fender went to the '69 Camaro I sold
The fork and headset went to a '63 Silver Jet that is under full restoration
The front fender went to a '63 Avanti that will be mildly restored (hopefully by the winter I'll start on it)
The rear and front wheels were set aside as spare parts...that will likely be used quickly come summer.

I am glad to see the remains go to a worthy cause.

Yard art in itself is not a bad thing...for the truly rusted hulks, it is a peaceful grave.

Also, the forks are not bent. It's my camera angle. Not much room between the building and the fence. I used to have a whole mess of junk out there...I've been selling, giving away, and scrapping things slowly for quite sometime. All I have left in the side yard is a 1984 Columbia Charger that i will rebuild to go with my 1984 Santa Fe Blue Dodge Charger Shelby when it is done. Same year, same colors :D

I have some old allow wheels for my Stratus back there too, some bike wheels, and a big brake fluid drain pan.

I have the garage cleaned out pretty well too. I have sold three bicycles in the last couple of weeks. I have one other for sale currently, and another one almost wrapped up and will be for sale also. More to come in the following weeks.

Last edited:
Back