When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

-
I thought you were missing the chrome legs?? The rack itself in the listing is bent, or maybe it is just the camera angle. For $10, it's a good deal for this rack as parts. Looks like the one you have and this are both open at the end of the tail light.

s-l1600.jpg

9c728511e662fb18a261eafe18810fb44c74922a2b571540900b33780fb17eb1.jpg

I have normal Hawthorne legs, not chromed like that but I also don't know how soon I'll have money and I still don't have Paypal. It's not going to happen, period, I explained it to you.

If I have enough left after I sold the last batch of new cassettes I possibly could (IF, overseas shipping no longer has ground, air mail was gone long ago and everything over 4 pounds is strictly Priority now, let's just say it's a wee bit more than the last time I sent to them)

IF that happens I may have enough to get SOME of the paintwork for Beryl. All I need to do on this bike is clean the crud off and paint the rack and tank, then find lights. That's after buying.an electronics item, then selling one and maybe getting tickets for two concerts in June and July.

If is not an affirmative word, it's a contingency

I have normal Hawthorne legs, not chromed like that but I also don't know how soon I'll have money and I still don't have Paypal. It's not going to happen, period, I explained it to you.

If I have enough left after I sold the last batch of new cassettes I possibly could (IF, overseas shipping no longer has ground, air mail was gone long ago and everything over 4 pounds is strictly Priority now, let's just say it's a wee bit more than the last time I sent to them)

IF that happens I may have enough to get SOME of the paintwork for Beryl. All I need to do on this bike is clean the crud off and paint the rack and tank, then find lights. That's after buying.an electronics item, then selling one and maybe getting tickets for two concerts in June and July.

If is not an affirmative word, it's a contingency

I forgot about the PayPal thing. EBay's PayPal-only policy puts off a lot of buyers. Tell you what...I am considering bidding on that rack because my Monark Silver King has dulled chrome. If I end up bidding, I'll ship the extra legs to you for free. They'll fit much better than what is there presently. :)

Rubbing compound usually works for me. Just watch the decals!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What exactly IS rubbing compound? And no, there is only one decal involved (on the chainguard) which is not where the grime is at, only on the top of that.

Remember that you are talking to someone who has never had to do this.

What exactly IS rubbing compound? And no, there is only one decal involved (on the chainguard) which is not where the grime is at, only on the top of that.

Remember that you are talking to someone who has never had to do this.

I'm sorry about that. Rubbing compound is a cream or paste, that you dab onto a rag and use to buff old, faded, at times rusty paint. I also use it on dull chrome. It cuts deep into the grime and brings out the shine. It can get very abrasive, so would buff the paint for a short while, then clean off all the residue and inspect it. It will lift off old grime, light rust, and dirt.

Any particular brands you favor? I remember waxing a Hawthorne before giving it as a present with some leftover Turtle Wax paste I had from when I drove a car but it was never that bad...it's covered in Part 3 of Tempest The Grey Bike Grows Up Part 3 (Her Friends) in my You Tube videos.

Any particular brands you favor? I remember waxing a Hawthorne before giving it as a present with some leftover Turtle Wax paste I had from when I drove a car but it was never that bad...it's covered in Part 3 of Tempest The Grey Bike Grows Up Part 3 (Her Friends) in my You Tube videos.

I used to swear by No. 7 and I have not seen that in stores for years. I now use Turtle Wax or Mothers' brand rubbing compound, they work but not as good as No. 7. I have one can of No 7. left, and I use it SPARINGLY on higher end bikes.

Back