When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

-
Like THIS?

No 7 car wash 001.JPG

This was at the weekend corner yard sale they have on the lot of the neighborhood grocery store...fifty cents. A bit caked up but about a third of the 8 oz. can left.

Holly Huffy's story is on a short hiatus while Beryl gets the attention I can give her. Stay tuned (Radiobike joke)!

I had no luck at all on the No. 7 so I got a can of Turtle Wax Renew RX for under six bucks. The rubbing will commence over the weekend!

renew Rx.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
Here is a problem. I've had TWO previous cans of Dupli-Color Metal Specks Ocean Blue (MS 200) just QUIT. I can't see anything I've done wrong trying to paint the Huffy's rack, fork and I thought about the chainguard, also the replacement correct Rollfast rack for Tempest.

Can number three.

I waited to try and do as much as I could...shake shake, all business. Popped the cap off.

NO BUTTON! GRRRRRRRR

I wonder if I'm being played with! I've wasted a lot of time and I'm about ready to call a Boise store with this same chain and get it straight.

Either that or see if True Value has the spray buttons.

Last edited:
@partsguy I could sure use those arms like maybe next month...and I found a boy's 1968 Camaro on eBay in green for more references.

I have better dark blue spraypaint that is non-metallic and close enough to the frame color that I could finish painting.

Back