When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Like THIS?

No 7 car wash 001.JPG

This was at the weekend corner yard sale they have on the lot of the neighborhood grocery store...fifty cents. A bit caked up but about a third of the 8 oz. can left.

Holly Huffy's story is on a short hiatus while Beryl gets the attention I can give her. Stay tuned (Radiobike joke)!

I had no luck at all on the No. 7 so I got a can of Turtle Wax Renew RX for under six bucks. The rubbing will commence over the weekend!

renew Rx.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
Here is a problem. I've had TWO previous cans of Dupli-Color Metal Specks Ocean Blue (MS 200) just QUIT. I can't see anything I've done wrong trying to paint the Huffy's rack, fork and I thought about the chainguard, also the replacement correct Rollfast rack for Tempest.

Can number three.

I waited to try and do as much as I could...shake shake, all business. Popped the cap off.

NO BUTTON! GRRRRRRRR

I wonder if I'm being played with! I've wasted a lot of time and I'm about ready to call a Boise store with this same chain and get it straight.

Either that or see if True Value has the spray buttons.

Last edited:
@partsguy I could sure use those arms like maybe next month...and I found a boy's 1968 Camaro on eBay in green for more references.

I have better dark blue spraypaint that is non-metallic and close enough to the frame color that I could finish painting.

Back