When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I doofussed a little and when going to put a second coat of the blue on the chainguard I grabbed gloss BLACK to paint the outside.

Whoopsie! That can was nearly empty and it was somewhat dark at the time...I'll do that over with the blue later today.

Did that, and had some for the Camaro tank. Now I need that bezel someday.

Inside done right

RIGHT.JPG

OOPSIE!

OOPSIE.JPG

Tank and outside are now correct

CHAINGUARD AND TANK.JPG

All my painting tasks are nearly finished now. If you looed at the corner of the last image you see I painted the Shelby's chainguard Rustoleum Painter's Touch Colonial Red to match the fenders.

Last edited:
Building will stop at the frame in October and this project will be on hiatus for about a month while I catch up on a place to chain all my bikes, house cleaning/cleanng and getting ready for winter

I was told I could look through a pile of bike parts and see if I can find rims.

The tank is painted. I need the rest of the decals and to break the incorrect non-carriage bolt in collar and remove the remnants of the former collar.

That's where I'm at on projects right now (see Building Beryl).

I've still got the problem with the seat collar bolt, I think I'll have to find some way to get that collar off (the bolt and but both turn freely and cut the bolt in half I gather.

I've still got the problem with the seat collar bolt, I think I'll have to find some way to get that collar off (the bolt and but both turn freely and cut the bolt in half I gather.

Maybe vise grip the bolt in the middle of the clamp and turn the nut?

Vise Grips would be nice, I just don't have any, or they're lost somewhere. All I can try is to grab it with the center of my pliers and bite down hard.

Vise Grips would be nice, I just don't have any, or they're lost somewhere. All I can try is to grab it with the center of my pliers and bite down hard.
Ya may have to break down and purchase vice grips.lol ya got to have tools to work on bikes.

I got a large wrench a month back...right now I have enough for my remaining insulin refill this month. I'll either get it done or get help getting it done.

I went through a friend's pile of bike skeletons, no luck on the rims.

I did see that they had a girls 24? inch with a tank and good bezel that was similar to the Huffy I have, it might be his brother's property so I asked if he would ask him and he said he would.

Got the red chubby grips from Bicyclebones.com for my Hornet today as well, they are PERFECT!

Red chubby grips.JPG

Back