When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden 2017...A Huffy Tale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@partsguy I got the decals on the rear rack.Maybe not the most centered but it looks good. No arms, it's really a Hawthorne rack and there has to be a taillight for it.

A (1).JPG
A (2).JPG
Aa.JPG

The chainguard will be next, tomorrow, I had to touch a chipped paint spot up. The frame got some paint up front too and is also drying inside after a short time outside, the weather cooperating for that time. The bike can be put together soon.

Last edited:
Needs arms now and if those two holes above and below the H on the HAWTHORNE rack that is masquerading as a Huffy part are for a TAILLIGHT I want to find it.

Needs arms now and if those two holes above and below the H on the HAWTHORNE rack that is masquerading as a Huffy part are for a TAILLIGHT I want to find it.
That rack, as I said before, was originally from a 1964-67 Huffy Silver Jet. It was put on a Hawthorne much later as a "jerry rigged" replacement.

The holes are for a tail light, but it is very rare and can cost well over $100 in nice shape. In my opinion, I would cover the holes up somehow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's been a long, long time as the song goes but Holly Huffy has a mission. I have a niece without a bike. I talked to her father and that's my goal. I have a project for one of her brothers as well for Christmas.

They all have vintage stereos courtesy of me anyway. Uncle Saving Tempest has good work to do.

Still waiting, Can't get to a tank bezel and the electrical guts just yet, I have four going at once but I get more done than DC.

Back