When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I own an actual "Antique" Now!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am not really into the bikes of this era, but since this turned up in my City...

I was aware that the frame and fork are tweeked. I thought that the fork must be very strong to do this to the frame.

Perhaps the bent frame is why this thing was put away in the condition it is in.

Rack will need a bit of welding, but the owner fixed things his own way back in the day.

This guy must have been on the graveyard shift. Original light and a later (?) generator set up.

Wood rims seem fine. I did not try to inflate the tires.

Band brake?

For the 100th time this year I cursed mice and their corrosive trails of filth.

I have contacted a frame guy and will see if this can be made true without making it worse. I was told by the owner that this is a 17.

I just love the bars. I think I have seen these on road bikes in the up side down position. Super old-timey.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Neat Bike!

Park used to make a tool that works really well for straightening frames that are bent like that. I have one here in California. Hopefully there is one close to you. There is a thread about the tool here https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-...ol-has-surfaced-bent-headtubes-take-note.html

It's interesting that your bike has a Make-A-Lite generator and headlight from the 1940s.

I hope you have fun with the bike.

Chris

Hi Jim,

Neat Bike!

Park used to make a tool that works really well for straightening frames that are bent like that. I have one here in California. Hopefully there is one close to you. There is a thread about the tool here https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-...ol-has-surfaced-bent-headtubes-take-note.html

It's interesting that your bike has a Make-A-Lite generator and headlight from the 1940s.

I hope you have fun with the bike.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I will have a look see! Sounds promising. How ever did the forks survive an impact that bent the two tubes?

Jim

Yes, I went into it knowing how bad it was. I made a proper offer with help from a fellow Caber. I suspect I would not have chased it if it was 100's of miles away.

I am not really into the bikes of this era, but since this turned up in my City...View attachment 1191158

I was aware that the frame and fork are tweeked. I thought that the fork must be very strong to do this to the frame.

View attachment 1191159

View attachment 1191160
Perhaps the bent frame is why this thing was put away in the condition it is in.
View attachment 1191161

View attachment 1191162

Rack will need a bit of welding, but the owner fixed things his own way back in the day.

View attachment 1191163

View attachment 1191164

This guy must have been on the graveyard shift. Original light and a later (?) generator set up.

View attachment 1191165

View attachment 1191166

View attachment 1191167
Wood rims seem fine. I did not try to inflate the tires.
View attachment 1191168

Band brake?

View attachment 1191169

For the 100th time this year I cursed mice and their corrosive trails of filth.

View attachment 1191171

View attachment 1191172

View attachment 1191176

View attachment 1191177

I have contacted a frame guy and will see if this can be made true without making it worse. I was told by the owner that this is a 17.

I just love the bars. I think I have seen these on road bikes in the up side down position. Super old-timey.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
Perhaps the bent frame is the reason for the second light

Back