When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I own an actual "Antique" Now!

-
That is a real nice early machine you found there! Those handlebars are called tiller handlebars, being as how they resemble the handles on an old horse drawn tiller. You can still get tubular tires for this bike, and actually use this to ride. You can also get a little removable D Cell Cradle and slide it into the battery canister and wire up the original headlight too, would be neat. Very nice bike that you can definitely have a good time with!

I was looking at some replacement tube tires and then found out they are solid. What is the best bet for finding tires allowing riding? Do these get glued on as well? I have this in the garage so I walk past it heading out to the car.

I am getting attached to it. The head light has a switch that is a wee bit too long. When I put it in far enough to set the pin, it pops the bulb out. 2 steps forward and one back. Not bad!

I have not yet opened the canister. I am afraid of crushing the can as it is likely corroded inside. I will have to get braver.

The tiller bars are my favorite part of the design. I need a thin tie and a Boston Blackie cap and mustache. I have the cuff clip already.

Thanks

Jim

You could pedal the newer light and gen.
Those are great Tiller bars... worth $400+ themselves. Pedals are way kool too. Love the wheels!

Thanks B!

Put the Gen and silver light on a 40's Schwinn already. Can't wait to try the hub. I not seen a band brake ND like it before. The oldest ND in my collection is an "A" hub. I 'spect I need to find wood grips...

j

Modern 700c tubular tires can be stretched on to the 28” wheels. I’ve been running a set of Specialized 33mm CX tires for about a year now with no issues. Glued them on with regular Continental cement made for aluminum rims. Super supple!

1589409477706.jpeg

That does look nice. I think I will try that on the Mead. Next time you are near New London, come by and see the collection. Tour includes free akamahol...

Thank you,

Jim

Back