When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I recently purchase a Monark Super Cruiser ,What year and Model .Thanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

csavw

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello Fellow Monark Super Cruiser Lovers , I recently purchased a Monark Frame with chain guard & a rear fender . What could the year be ? what is the model number mean ? any other information from this Number plate do I need to know ? Model # 18029A105 ,SERIAL # A1362815 . I 'm currently collecting parts for a rebuild . I simply love these 1950's Monarks ,gets looks when ever I ride my other one . Thank you ,Chris:cool:

Attachments

• monark number plate.jpg
    monark number plate.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 228
I know very little about Monarks, but since the experts are mia, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the last two digits get reversed on model no. and end up 1950.

thanks for the reply . 1950 is great !

I know very little about Monarks, but since the experts are mia, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the last two digits get reversed on model no. and end up 1950.

Thanks ! anyone reads this and knows what the Model # and Serial means .So far I have a 1950 Mens Monark Super Cruiser.:cool:

Monark project bike from this frame

Hello Bricycle ,here's my Project Monark from the recently purchased frame . I have all original parts ,plus deep fenders . I like the fat look of the chain guard and fenders . All the parts came from ebay over a 6 year period . I just need body work and paint . had a quote for $ 900.00 . A base coat clear ,wet sand & buff . Peace ... Chris

Attachments

• monark bike 2 mocked up.jpg
    monark bike 2 mocked up.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 272
  • monark bike 3 mocked up.jpg
    monark bike 3 mocked up.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 231
  • monark bike mocked up.jpg
    monark bike mocked up.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 230
The serial # puts this at 1952. I do my own paint and always use a single stage enamel. Besides saving money it looks more original than BC/CC. Once you do that though you might as well get chrome done--probably another $700-800. The seat, bars, and pedals in the pics aren't correct either. The bars and seat aren't a big deal but original pedals for these is just about impossible--I've been looking for three years! The thing to realize on a project like this is that by the time you restore it you will have about double what it is worth in it. These are still cool bikes though and if it's just for your personal enjoyment then the $$ don't really matter anyway. V/r Shawn

I agree with Shawn. If the bike is for you, go for it. You must really like, putting it together all this time. I love those bikes. The big huge deep fenders, the large train light. Those bikes are just hulky looking. I had 2 of them years back. 1 was black and orange, 1 was like a purplish and maroon, original colors. Those colors sound like crap together, but I think it is a nice combination. If the paint and chrome fits in your budget, do it and enjoy the bike.

thanks for the replys !

I agree with Shawn. If the bike is for you, go for it. You must really like, putting it together all this time. I love those bikes. The big huge deep fenders, the large train light. Those bikes are just hulky looking. I had 2 of them years back. 1 was black and orange, 1 was like a purplish and maroon, original colors. Those colors sound like crap together, but I think it is a nice combination. If the paint and chrome fits in your budget, do it and enjoy the bike.

Wow ! it's great to see the replies on my bike ... thank you

not positive, but I think that is the "later" style chain guard???, if you have a 1952

Back