When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I spy goofy bike assembly

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Your lucky it had two matching wheels. one discount food chain here had bikes a few years ago, they had the cashiers putting them together. Five models in all, all oddball brands I never heard of before.
They had all the bikes out of the boxes, wheels in one pile, pedals in another, saddles in another
They had bikes with one black steel rim and one aluminum rim, one aluminum rim and one painted wheel, and a mountain bike with a coaster brake wheel off a cruiser. I even tried to help but got yelled at by the one woman who said she knew what she was doing.
Those bikes sat up on top of the produce cooler for the better part of a year, each with $250 and $350 price tags. They discounted them to $75 and then to $50 and they finally sold.
I spotted two of them at the local flea market, still with the mismatched wheels.
The one was a small frame 26" mountain bike with twist grip shifter and 10 speeds, its rear wheel was a painted blue rim with an unbranded coaster brake. I guess the shifter cable hanging there was for decoration?
I'm not even sure why the rear wheels were of, most bikes come with the rear wheel installed but they were short but wider boxes with the wheels shrink wrapped to the left side of the bike sort of overlapping one another. Just imagine the poor fool who buys one of those mixed up messes. Most who would buy something like that likely won't have any clue why there's a shifter and no rear gears. Or why a 26" ladies cruiser has one black steel back wheel and no brakes, with one black knobby tire and one white cruiser tire. My take was that the guy who bought them to flip at the fleamarket didn't know any more about bikes then the cashiers who put them together.

I was in the big box sporting goods store here and they had a row of new Nishiki bikes on the top rack, every one had the front fork facing rearward and the bars forward. One bike shop I walked into down in FL last summer had one bike with the saddle slid down over the clamp and the post bulging the top of the saddle. I also like when you go into a bike shop and every last tire is flat or nearly flat and half the bikes are only partway assembled yet out on the floor on display.
Back in the day when I worked in a bike shop there was no way a half assembled bike hit the showroom floor or display racks.
It was perfect and ready to ride or it stayed in the shop or warehouse till it was. Tires got checked and pumped up weekly at the very lease and never were there bikes with flat tires.
Of course I think Walmart used to put them out with little to no air in the tires to discourage kids from riding them up and down the isles. I'd have thought locking them to the rack would have worked better but that would mean having someone bright enough to figure out how to lock and unlock a bike when someone wanted one. In the end, the quit selling bikes altogether.

Well, it's been about 6 weeks, the bikes are still up there. Nothings changed except price reduced by 33%.

That's the NEW way of things today!
Just the other day I fixed myself one of those Banquet Salisbury Steak frozen lunch snacks and it came complete with the corn, mashed taters and gravy, apple treat but no damn Salisbury steak! I looked and looked for that steak, but it was nowhere to be found! 🤨 It's everywhere you look today.
That reminds me of a banana split I got at a DQ drive thru. Brought it home to eat and everything in dish except banana.

Back